[Info] 

February 2022 Ministerial Elections: Nominations and Information

12 Replies, 9005 Views

[Image: 240px-Seal_of_the_Open_Parliament.png]
February 2022 Election for Ministers of
Foreign Affairs, Domestic Affairs, and Immigration

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in accordance with the Constitution of the Social Liberal Union, an election for the offices of Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Domestic Affairs, and Minister of Immigration, which are required to occur after a World Assembly Delegate election, will be held for a period of one week within 48 hours after nominations close. Nominations open on Sunday, 6 February 2022 at 04:00 UTC and close on Sunday, 13 February 2022 at 04:00 UTC.

ABOUT THE OFFICES:

The powers and duties of the Ministers are primarily detailed in Article 6 of the Constitution, but a summary and outline of each office can be found below:

- Minister of Foreign Affairs 
- Minister of Domestic Affairs
- Minister of Immigration

The term for each office is not fixed and there are no term limits. However, their tenure may be shorted if an early World Assembly Delegate election occurs due to resignation or removal from office. In ministerial elections, the winner is elected Minister and the runner-up is elected Deputy Minister.

QUALIFICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS:

Any Member State may, if eligible, nominate themselves for an office, or, another eligible Member State (subject to their acceptance). Please state which ministerial office each nomination is being made for.

1) The nominee must be a current Member State in accordance with the Constitution; and
2) The nominee may only run for one ministerial office simultaneously, unless in a contest wherein nominations were extended due to an insufficient number of candidates.

OFFICIAL LIST OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES:

'+' denotes that the candidate has pledged to conduct their campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

Foreign Affairs: Goncar+, North American Republics+
Domestic Affairs: Helvurium+, Koiho+
Immigration: Courelli+, Hiville, Lost Slokasians+

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS:

All inquiries regarding the administration or conduct of any or all three of the consolidated ministerial elections may be directed to:

Anaaxes
Speaker of the Union
Election Administrator
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2022, 07:51 AM by Anaaxes.)
I nominate myself and Koiho for Domestic Affairs. I pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

I nominate Courelli and Lost Slokasians for Immigration.

I nominate Goncar and Harndon for Foreign Affairs.
I nominate Osagh, Hirematia, and Damdinistan for the Ministry of Domestic Affairs.

Furthermore, I nominate Hiville for the Ministry of Immigration.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2022, 08:19 PM by wateryfoothill.)
(02-07-2022, 05:57 PM)wateryfoothill Wrote: I nominate Osagh, Hirematia, and Damdinistan for the Ministry of Domestic Affairs.

Furthermore, I nominate Hiville for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Oko, I accept
(02-06-2022, 06:16 PM)Helvurium Wrote: I nominate myself and Koiho for Domestic Affairs.

I accept my nomination and pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices !!
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 09:33 PM by koiho.)
I accept my nomination and pledge to conduct myself in accordance with the code of of fair campaign practices (something like that).

I also second the nomination of Harndon and nominate NAR for FA.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2022, 03:24 AM by Goncar.)
I accept my nomination for Minister of Foreign Affairs.

I pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
Have a cookie on me!
[Image: cookie.png]
~~~~~
Formerly known as the North American Republics (NAR)
I accept my nomination for Minister of Immigration and pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

In the interest of full disclosure: I currently serve as Administrator of NSLeft, Fleet Admiral of The Red Fleet, and as an Administrator of NationStates Antifa.
THE REPUBLIC OF COURELLI
recall how often in human history the saint and the rebel have been the same person

12th, 15th, & 18th Delegate of the Social Liberal Union
Fleet Admiral of The Red Fleet
Oko I accept the new nomination for immigration

(that rhymes)
Also per legalities: I must disclose I am now the Delegate of Warzone Airspace. That is all.