[At Vote] 

Amendment 8 to the Third Constitution

1 Replies, 1027 Views

This Amendment to the Third Constitution reinstates the requirement that the Delegate be a member of the World Assembly as a requirement to hold that office, which was erroneously removed by Amendment 6; further, this Amendment separates and clarifies the powers of the Founder and a newly-created position, the Governor, to account for recent changes to NationStates game mechanics.

https://parliament.slugov.com/Amendment_...nstitution
THE REPUBLIC OF COURELLI
recall how often in human history the saint and the rebel have been the same person

12th, 15th, & 18th Delegate of the Social Liberal Union
Fleet Admiral of The Red Fleet
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2023, 10:23 AM by Maelstrom Republic.)
Official Summary of Proposed Constitutional Amendment
Pursuant to my Constitutional duties as Speaker of the Union, I have prepared the following impartial summary of the generally-finalized Proposed Amendment 8 to the Third Constitution. Please contact me with any questions or comments.
Section 1: This section reintroduces a World Assembly Membership requirement for the office of World Assembly Delegate

Section 2: This section updates Article 4 of the Constitution to replace the historical role of the Founder with the new office of Governor, It also establishes a line of succession for the office of governor.

Section 3: This Section updates Article 5 of the Constitution to once again hand over the Founder's duties to the new office of Governor.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2023, 05:47 PM by Maelstrom Republic.)