[NOTICE] 

January 2023 Speaker Election

3 Replies, 2156 Views

[Image: 240px-Seal_of_the_Open_Parliament.png]
January 2023 Election for
Speaker of the Union

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in accordance with the Constitution of the Social Liberal Union, an election for the office of Speaker of the Union will be held for a period of one week within 48 hours after nominations close. Nominations open on Tuesday, 10th January 2023 at 19:15 UTC and close on Tuesday, 17th January 2023 at 19:15 UTC.

I am ineligible for re-election and therefore will serve as Election Administrator in accordance with the law, and I will faithfully and impartially execute the duties of this role.

ABOUT THE OFFICE:

The powers and duties of the Speaker of the Union are primarily detailed in Article 3 of the Constitution, but a summary and outline of the office can be found here.

The term of office is five months, renewable once consecutively.

QUALIFICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS:

Any Member State may, if eligible, nominate themselves, or, another eligible Member State (subject to their acceptance).

1) The nominee must be a current Member State in accordance with the Constitution; and
2) The nominee must have been a Member State for at least 2 months; and
3) No State may be elected to this office more than twice consecutively.

OFFICIAL LIST OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES:

'+' denotes that the candidate has pledged to conduct their campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS:

All inquiries regarding the administration or conduct of this Speaker of the Union Election may be directed to:

Helvurium
Election Administrator
I nominate Helvurium and Maelstrom Republic for Speaker.
ραμελικί κομμούνα | commune of ramelia
με τα χέρια μας όλη η μιγιάνα θα είναι ελεύθερη!

twenty-second world assembly delegate | eleventh and fifteenth speaker of the union | seventh chancellor
coauthor of the constitution
(01-11-2023, 02:36 AM)Ramelia Wrote: I nominate Helvurium and Maelstrom Republic for Speaker.

Thank you Ramelia, I humbly accept your nomination and pledge to abide by the code of fair campaign practices,

I also do not hold any offices in other regions as I only have a single nation.
I also nominate Maelstrom Republic for Speaker.