November 2021 Speaker of the Union Election

3 Replies, 3760 Views

[Image: 240px-Seal_of_the_Open_Parliament.png]
November 2021 Election for
Speaker of the Union

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in accordance with the Constitution of the Social Liberal Union, an election for the office of Speaker of the Union will be held for a period of one week within 48 hours after nominations close due to the former Speaker assuming another office. Nominations open on Tuesday, 26 October 2021 at 01:30 UTC and close on Tuesday, 2 November 2021 at 01:30 UTC.

The Acting Speaker of the Union has appointed me Election Administrator in accordance with the law, and I will faithfully and impartially execute the duties of this role.

ABOUT THE OFFICE:

The powers and duties of the Speaker of the Union are primarily detailed in Article 3 of the Constitution, but a summary and outline of the office can be found here.

The term of office is five months, renewable once consecutively.

QUALIFICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS:

Any Member State may, if eligible, nominate themselves, or, another eligible Member State (subject to their acceptance).

1) The nominee must be a current Member State in accordance with the Constitution; and
2) The nominee must have been a Member State for at least 2 months; and
3) No State may be elected to this office more than twice consecutively.

OFFICIAL LIST OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES:

'+' denotes that the candidate has pledged to conduct their campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
-Anaaxes+
-Toonela+

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS:

All inquiries regarding the administration or conduct of this Speaker of the Union Election may be directed to:

Brys Questions
Election Administrator
-19th World Assembly Delegate
-Former Speaker Pro Tempore Under Jyskmark
-20th Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs 
-27th Minister of Immigration
- Current Ambassador to The East Pacific and The North Pacific
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 09:28 PM by BrysQuestions. Edit Reason: title )
I nominate Anaaxes.
Thank you! I accept the nomination. I hereby pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 09:39 PM by Anaaxes.)
Well, we can't have a one-person race, now can we?

I nominate myself and pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.