[Info] 

October 2021 Ministerial Elections: Nominations and Information

13 Replies, 10687 Views

[Image: 240px-Seal_of_the_Open_Parliament.png]
October 2021 Election for Ministers of
Foreign Affairs, Domestic Affairs, and Immigration

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in accordance with the Constitution of the Social Liberal Union, an election for the offices of Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Domestic Affairs, and Minister of Immigration, which are required to occur after a World Assembly Delegate election, will be held for a period of one week within 48 hours after nominations close. Nominations open on Tuesday, 5 October 2021 at 00:30 UTC and close on Tuesday, 12 October 2021 at 00:30 UTC.

The Speaker of the Union, Helvurium, has appointed me Election Administrator in accordance with the law, and I will faithfully and impartially execute the duties of this role.

ABOUT THE OFFICES:

The powers and duties of the Ministers are primarily detailed in Article 6 of the Constitution, but a summary and outline of each office can be found below:

- Minister of Foreign Affairs 
- Minister of Domestic Affairs
- Minister of Immigration

The term for each office is not fixed and there are no term limits. However, their tenure may be shorted if an early World Assembly Delegate election occurs due to resignation or removal from office. In ministerial elections, the winner is elected Minister and the runner-up is elected Deputy Minister.

QUALIFICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS:

Any Member State may, if eligible, nominate themselves for an office, or, another eligible Member State (subject to their acceptance). Please state which ministerial office each nomination is being made for.

1) The nominee must be a current Member State in accordance with the Constitution; and
2) The nominee may only run for one ministerial office simultaneously, unless in a contest wherein nominations were extended due to an insufficient number of candidates.

OFFICIAL LIST OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES:

'+' denotes that the candidate has pledged to conduct their campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

Foreign Affairs: Goncar+, Hirematia+
Domestic Affairs: Helvurium+, Koiho+
Immigration: Erynia and Draconia+, Ramelia+

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS:

All inquiries regarding the administration or conduct of any or all three of the consolidated ministerial elections may be directed to:

Anaaxes
Speaker pro tempore
Election Administrator
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 03:37 AM by Anaaxes.)
I NOMINATE HARN FOR MOFA
-19th World Assembly Delegate
-Former Speaker Pro Tempore Under Jyskmark
-20th Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs 
-27th Minister of Immigration
- Current Ambassador to The East Pacific and The North Pacific
I nominate the following nations:

1. North American Republics for MoDA
2. Goncar for MoFA
I am honored and humbly accept my nomination for Minister of Foreign Affairs. I pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

I’d also like to second NARs nomination and also nominate Helvurium for MoDA and An-Astral for whatever position they may choose.
I nominate *deep breath*
  • Croanique
  • Hiville
  • British North Somalia
  • Crindent
  • Osagh
  • Severed state of Greater Cymru
for whatever positions they're interested in

I am going to have to decline my nomination this time around due to RL being a shit.
(::)
Harndon
Some wanker with too much time and too little energy.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 06:12 AM by Harndon.)
(10-05-2021, 08:44 PM)Goncar Wrote: I am honored and humbly accept my nomination for Minister of Foreign Affairs. I pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

I’d also like to second NARs nomination and also nominate Helvurium for MoDA and An-Astral for whatever position they may choose.

I'm honoured and accept my nomination for MoDA. I pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

I'd like to nominate Koiho for MoDA. I'd also like to nominate An-Astral & Ramelia for Minister of Immigration and Hirematia for Minister of Foreign Affairs.
While I am honored for the nomination, I am going to have to turn it down. It is currently midterms for me among other boring real life stuff, so I just do not have the time to run a campaign, let alone actually governing anything.
(10-08-2021, 09:15 PM)Helvurium Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 08:44 PM)Goncar Wrote: I am honored and humbly accept my nomination for Minister of Foreign Affairs. I pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

I'm honoured and accept my nomination for MoDA. I pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

I'd like to nominate Koiho for MoDA. I'd also like to nominate An-Astral & Ramelia for Minister of Immigration and Hirematia for Minister of Foreign Affairs.

I accept my nomination, and hereby pledge myself to run in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices .
While I am honored to be nominated I must decline the nomination. My politics lie farther to the right than most member states, and while I am glad to be a member of the SLU, I feel it should be represented by someone who better shares its values.
I would like to second An-Astral's and Ramelia's nominations for Immigration.

Additionally, I nominate myself for Minister of Immigration and pledge and conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.