Unusual Tourists

11 Replies, 7482 Views

Armocht, near the border with Fernagh

"--And this is the lead engineer of the team, Naquaw."
The engineer in question, at the mention of her name, abruptly tore her attention back into the real world. She forced a pleasant expression onto her face, and performed a tight bow.
The two figures, one Armocht, the other Harndonian, stopped a little over a stride length's away, and performed their own asinine greetings.
Naquaw continued with what she hoped was blank approachfulness. Though, to be truthful, she wasn't sure she actually cared much.
The diplomat looked from the local, to her, and back to the local again. He clasped his hands together. "Right, I guess I will leave you two to it. Naquaw, if you would mind giving our contact here the details?"
She did mind, but she kept that to herself as she watched the official turn and walk away. "This way," she said to the local, without so much as looking at them. The quicker this was over and done with, the better, frankly.

----

"And this--" the two of them reached the final piece of machinery, a large column that would - to an untrained eye - look almost woven, as if a plant has been caged inside metal and coaxed to grow through its winding course. "--is the piece of equipment that you should have been made aware of in the initial correspondence?"
The Armocht made a noise to the affirmative. His eyes seemed to glint as he looked at it. "The longer term solution."
Naquaw didn't bother to answer rhetorical questions. Instead, she reached into the inside of her split overtunic, and pulled out a box, no larger than one would use to carry cigarrettes in, if one smoked. Which she most certainly did not. She pressed it into the local's hand, and watched as he curled his fingers around it. "It is very easy to use, and can be activated immediately after setup with this console. Just make sure you are nowhere near it when you do decide to start it up."
The local nodded, the grave expression he had adopted looking entirely out of place on his face.
"I'll let you and your team sort yourselves out. I will be supervising the immediate water production aid here, if you need anything."

Before the Armocht had a chance to reply, Naquaw turned on her heel and left the man with the detonator standing, staring after her.

She needed a wash.
Harndon
Some wanker with too much time and too little energy.

Messages In This Thread
Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 07-29-2021, 07:08 AM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 12-20-2021, 10:05 AM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 12-23-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 12-28-2021, 04:14 PM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 01-19-2022, 04:29 PM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 02-07-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 03-22-2022, 07:37 PM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 06-21-2023, 06:25 PM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 07-01-2023, 09:37 AM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 07-02-2023, 03:28 PM
RE: Unusual Tourists - by Harndon - 07-05-2023, 07:19 PM