The Grand Republican Debacle

3 Replies, 3791 Views

A Storm is Brewing
As the sun goes down and the city darkens, streetlamps begin to turn on on Luta Valley's main strip, lighting the way for bar goers, night shift workers, and miscreants of all kinds. Watching this view from the second floor of "McKinnon's" were three individuals seated at a table in the corner, far from other bar goers. Chest tattoos of the Rossian eagle peaking up over their collars could have given them away had there been Militia agents around. This bar's owners were part of the Rossian diaspora in the nineties and trusted the Militia as much as a pig could fly. Our three individuals turn to each other and begin talking.

One: This is a good night. We should be out enjoying the cool breeze.
Two: We have business to discuss. It is not safe to discuss this outside and Gorgovski cannot keep everyone out of here for much longer. What do we know?
Three: The idiot, Milenkov, decided that now would be the best time to launch our attacks.
One: But the government does not know it was us.
Two: No, the news is feeding lies. What else?
One: Bites their lip a bit before continuing | Our people in District 69 were captured.
Two: Sighs | They're catching up to us. Do we still have our place on 48th Street?
Three: We do. Two people moved in up the street yesterday. Had a moving truck.
One: Too dangerous. What about Third Avenue?
Two: Remember? That was in District 69.
One: No, Third Street was in District 69. Third Avenue is still safe.
Three: They're right. We should be safe on Third Avenue.
Two: Fine. What else do we know?
Three: Villianovsky is still alive.
One: How?
Three: He missed his meeting at the Gostade Domo. Was at the doctor for his son.
Two: How do you know this?
Three: Milenkov sent word.
One: I did not hear of this!
Three: With a slight grin | Maybe he thought that I was worthy to know.
One: Furious and rising out of their seat | I will show you worthy. Worthy of my foot up your-
Two: Booming | Enough! It is enough that the Militia is catching up to us. We do not need to tear into each other like this.

One and Three stare at each other as they sit down.

Two: We need to regroup. If we can get to the Luta Valley armory, we will have all we need to wage our war.

The group hears multiple car doors slam outside. They peer out the window and see two Militia Utility Vehicles parked outside McKinnon's and 4 Militia agents entering the building.

Two: Agents. We have to go. Through the hills.

The group gets up and tugs on the nearby painting of rolling hills in some far-flung land, revealing a passageway to the building next door. Lights fade as the passageway closes.
Have a cookie on me!
[Image: cookie.png]
~~~~~
Formerly known as the North American Republics (NAR)
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021, 11:57 PM by SLU_Administrator.)

Messages In This Thread
The Grand Republican Debacle - by northamerican - 07-20-2021, 03:33 PM
RE: The Grand Republican Debacle - by northamerican - 07-30-2021, 11:46 PM