Joint Foreign Affairs Campaign (Goncar-Anaaxes)

1 Replies, 2861 Views

Hello SLU!
It is election season once again and I come to you asking you for your vote. However, not only for myself but for my running mate, Anaaxes, who is to be deputy if all were to be according to plan.

I am sure many questions starting with How qualified are you two?

While I’ll let Anaaxes go more in detail about himself, I am the current Minister of Foreign Affairs and have been for awhile now. I’ve also had the honor of being the WA Delegate of the SLU between Fall 2018 and Summer 2019 which works hand in hand with the MoFA as diplomats on the international level. I have also served as MoFA in 2013 and 2014, one of which I believe was part of the delegacy of Anaaxes. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs doesn’t handle Foreign Affairs per se. It also handles Defense which merged into the ministry many years ago. I was the second Minister of Defense and for many delegacies since the merge, have acted as the CUSA/CUDA Director(our head Intel Agency).

What is it that put you two above others for the positions of MoFA and DMoFA?

Experience. Experience. Experience. Knowing how to handle a situation is the number one thing working in FA. There have been a fair share of times where I have had to go into a region and talk and represent the region regardless of whether they liked at that time or not. This particular term is important for the Cabinet to be relatively experienced because I think we would all like to support our new Delegate as best as possible and make sure everything runs smoothly.

What new things will be brought to FA Ministry should you be elected?

The first thing that would really be reintroduced from my delegacy is FA-voice chats. This may happen weekly or biweekly where people from other regions will be invited to come and hang out and talk. I’m also in talks with current and (hopefully!) future Domestic Affairs Minister North American Republics about international game nights among our embassies. In regards to our embassies, we are always looking around for new ones and there are few I’ll be pitching here shortly. Lastly, my main goal is to get a full team of ambassadors that don’t double up and also a full team of in CUSA/CUDA... ultimately being fully staffed would be my goal.

If you have read this, thank you for your time.... Have a cookie (:Smile! It would be an absolute honor and continue serving the SLU community. If you have any questions that I or Anaaxes didn’t answer, feel free to leave them below and we will get back to you as soon as soon as we can!
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 09:27 PM by Anaaxes.)
I am proud to join Goncar as their running mate and I'll hope you consider voting for them as first choice on the ballot and for me as second choice, as I hope to become Deputy Minister instead of the actual Minister. It's been a while since I've worked in the executive branch, but I've previously served as all three ministers before, so I'm excited to work again with Goncar to support and execute the new Delegate's foreign policy and to help oversee the defense and intelligence operations of our region. Specifically, I want to personally assume the ambassadorships of any vacant SLU foreign missions until a full-time person can be found, focusing on one in the long-term by becoming active in their community to help foster friendly relations, as opposed to just delivering occasional updates or being a spectator in their Discord server. Additionally, I want to work with Domestic Affairs on hosting occasional special events (similar to a day's worth of events during the 10 Year Anniversary celebrations) such as common or free multiplayer games to increase our relations with members of our ally regions on a more one-to-one personal level. These events would be open to both SLU members and members of embassy regions or NSLeft, and we'd work hard to get the word out so that foreign states are not so outnumbered by SLU member states. We want high amounts participation!

If you have any questions, please feel to message Goncar or myself on Discord or below as a reply, and either of us will get back to you ASAP!

Thank you for you time and I hope you consider voting Goncar/Anaaxes for Minister/Deputy Minister, respectively. (:Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2021, 04:53 AM by Anaaxes.)