The Grand Republican Debacle

3 Replies, 3879 Views

Scene opens on a small office, lit only by a desk lamp. Timothy Wallows, head of the Foundation for Democracy can be seen staring at files. There's a knock at the door.

Wallows: Come in.

The door opens. A small figure, dressed in nearly all black, slides into the room.

Leandro: Tamia sent me. She said that you knew what to do.
Wallows: What's happened?
Leandro: I'm not sure I'm at liberty to say, sir. I have some calls to make so I can't stay very long. I've told you all I know.
Wallows: I think I have an idea. Thank you.

Leandro leaves, Wallows remains alone in his office. He picks up the phone

Wallows: Elizabeth, I need Otto.
Elizabeth: Yes, sir.

Wallows waits a moment before being connected to Otto Claire. He greets them with the air of an old friend. Wallows understood the nature of these talks. There hasn't been an actual shipment from An-Astral with reading material in them for some time
Wallows: Good morning, Otto! It's Wallows.
Claire: Good morning, Tim. Good to hear from you again. It has been a while. Thought you might have grown disenchanted by our work.
Wallows: I could never. In fact, the Foundation for Democracy wishes to place its largest order to date for your recently published work, A People's History of An-Astral: The Beginning. We believe that it will be incredibly informative for subscribers of our weekly informational email and give us a truer look into the nature of An-Astral.
Claire: Very good. We can have that order in by tomorrow. I assume we'll be using the same information as last time?
Wallows: Oh absolutely. These are items we so desperately need and I hope you can provide them.
Claire: We'll be able to provide them alright. While I have you on the phone, there's another thing you might be interested in. Care to hear about it?
Wallows: Go on...
Claire: Good. Considering our current situation, we may be having some issues supplying our production facilities with paper. I'm sure you understand. Since you've cleared up trade issues with Rossia, surely you can supply us with some more paper to be able to function properly, no?
Wallows: It's a long trip, but perhaps we can work something out. I'll have to reach out Harndonians about this. Docking in their ports and loading the paper onto freight trains may be the best way to get you that paper quickly.
Claire: Keep me in the loop. As you know, that paper is essential to our efforts.
Wallows: Of course. You should hear back from me soon.
Claire: Good. It is always a pleasure doing business with you.
Wallows: Likewise.

Wallows hung up the phone. He seemed pleased, but that faded as he realized that he needed to convince the Harndonians to allow for the shipment of contraband into An-Astral, lest he lie to them about what was being shipped.
Have a cookie on me!
[Image: cookie.png]
~~~~~
Formerly known as the North American Republics (NAR)

Messages In This Thread
The Grand Republican Debacle - by northamerican - 07-20-2021, 03:33 PM
RE: The Grand Republican Debacle - by northamerican - 07-29-2021, 01:08 AM