The Grand Republican Debacle

3 Replies, 3782 Views

At the Workers' National Council

Outside the Workers' National Council are four Liberal Party delegates with furrowed brows. An unknown figure stands a distance away.
D. Iversen: This is ridiculous.
D. Sinagra: Lowry must just be putting on a show for power.
D. Frank: He must be. Why else-
D. Turner: No, it's something more sinister than that. You hear the way he talks about his constituents. 'Our people.' 'Our councils.' He is directly taking on Tamia and flipped several delegates to boot. My money's on foreign influe-
The large body of a man saunters up to the group. It is Liberal Party leader Ricardo Allens. Turner immediately recognizes him.
D. Turner: Ricardo!
D. Allens: In a stern voice to the group | I could hear you from the steps. We can talk about this later. You never know who's around. (Allens looks at the nearby unknown figure) For now, head to headquarters. Our strategy session is in an hour.

Still outside the Workers' National Council an hour later, the unknown figure gets approached by Delegate David Lowry, leader of the Social Democratic Union.
D. Lowry: What do you have for me, Egbert?
D. Delmar: Not much. The Libs seem to be a bit concerned about our rise. Think you're organizing a party just for power or that we're getting some kind of help from outside the country.
D. Lowry: That all?
D. Delmar: No, saved the best for last. Allens and Tamia were talking. Seemed cordial.
D. Lowry: Hmm...probably trying to see how easy it would be to squeeze a constitutional amendment out of him. With the War in Rossia and the new powers we would need to govern abroad, it only makes sense... We took that power away from her, you know.
D. Delmar: Yes, sir. For the better, too.
D. Lowry: We can probably get some good concessions, too, if we jab at her.
D. Delmar: Indeed!
D. Lowry: In a hushed voice, intended for himself. | Might even be able to...take care of her.
D. Delmar: Slightly louder, with concern | What do you mean take care of her?
D. Lowry: Quiet, but angrily | Shut up you idiot. I didn't say anything. Go home, read those books I gave you, and try to get me some better info for me tomorrow.
Have a cookie on me!
[Image: cookie.png]
~~~~~
Formerly known as the North American Republics (NAR)
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 12:09 AM by SLU_Administrator.)

Messages In This Thread
The Grand Republican Debacle - by northamerican - 07-20-2021, 03:33 PM