20.00%
Abstain
0%
10 vote(s)
* You voted for this item.

Embassies with The South Pacific?

3 Replies, 4993 Views

(07-03-2021, 07:09 PM)Wolfmancal Wrote: -snip-

Hello, everyone! I'm the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the South Pacific, and I feel that I have to jump in and provide a rebuttal to an accusation made against the South Pacific, which is the accusation that we are less committed to antifascism. Lemme start by saying that the South Pacific is a defender region. The Charter, the constituting document of our region, prohibits the South Pacific Special Forces (SPSF) from undertaking offensive operations against innocent regions, except for those that espouse hateful ideologies, such as Nazi and fascist regions.

In January 2021, a few people in the SPSF defended some of the regions that were raided by The North Pacific in an attempt to remove approvals from the proposed Security Council resolution entitled Repeal "Liberate the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators". That much is true, but it does not take into account the fact that a number of the regions in question were not fascist and were just ordinary regions without any kind of relationship with fascist regions and may not have had all the facts in the repeal proposal when their delegates gave their approval. Furthermore, the South Pacific was prepared to vote against Repeal "Liberate CCD" if it ever came to vote, same as The North Pacific and all other regions committed to the antifascist cause. If the CCD's founder ever ceased to exist, the SPSF would be among the first to participate in a raid against them.

I would also direct you to May 2021, a month when NationStates took action against fascism in the game by deleting nations and regions espousing hateful ideologies. Because of that, the founding nation of Genua, a fascist region, ceased to exist and meant that Genua was unprotected against an antifascist raid. The SPSF participated in that raid, working with The Red Fleet among others in an effort to crack down on fascism.

Lastly, The North Pacific issued a statement in June 2021 with regard to the events in January earlier in the year. In that statement, The North Pacific stated in bolded text that they do "not consider The South Pacific to be a region that sanctions, condones or endorses fascism, in any way". That statement and our historical contributions to the antifascist cause are evidence enough of our commitment to combating Nazism, fascism, and all other hateful ideologies in NationStates. The South Pacific has always been antifascist, and we always will be.

I will not tell you how to vote in the poll above because it is not my place and that would be inappropriate, but I am compelled to present the facts from the South Pacific's end, and I hope that you will use all the facts presented to you to decide whichever way you end up voting in the poll.
A blue jay from the South Pacific

2× Minister of Foreign Affairs /// 1× Minister of Regional Affairs

My History
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2021, 08:28 PM by Jay.)

Messages In This Thread
Embassies with The South Pacific? - by Goncar - 07-03-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: Embassies with The South Pacific? - by Jay - 07-03-2021, 08:21 PM