Nay
20.00%
Abstain
0%
10 vote(s)
* You voted for this item.

Embassies with The South Pacific?

3 Replies, 4998 Views

Hello comrades! Normally I like to stay silent on issues involving your politics because I’m both an ambassador and frankly probably not a big enough part of the community to really deserve a say in how it’s run, but this is one issue that I feel I can’t stay silent on. Now disclaimer before I start, I am not saying these things because I am a raider as many in the south pacific may want you to believe, these are thoughts and opinions I’ve had since before I became a raider, and I will likely have them long after I’ve stopped raiding. Nor am I saying this due to any sort of conflict of interest with Wintercrest, Wintercrest has nothing against the south pacific as a region and has actually worked with them many times in the past so I have no reason to say any of this due to them. So with that out of the way, I shall now start. A few months ago, I believe some time in December, CCD was attempting to pass another repeal of their liberation, and this time it was actually in quorum, naturally as antifascist the north pacific was trying to do everything it could to prevent it from getting to vote. However, their efforts to counter campaign it had failed. So they went to what they saw as their final option, a quorum raid. For those of you who don’t know what a quorum raid is, it’s essentially a bunch of small del bump operations targeted against those who are approving a specific proposal in the world assembly, by del bumping them their approval is removed from the proposal, do this enough times and a proposal can be knocked out of quorum. the south pacific, decided that they wanted to defend the regions that were approving this proposal from the quorum raid, so they did defending the regions each update the north pacific attempted to quorum raid the proposal, though fortunately the north pacific was eventually successful in knocking the proposal out of quorum. Many in the south pacific have attempted to defend these actions by arguing that the proposal wouldn’t have passed the vote anyways, as such by doing this they weren’t aiding fascist, however I don’t see this as a very convincing argument. I think that we can all agree that the point of antifascism on NS is deplatforming the fascist, preventing them from having a space to advocate their ideas or advertise themselves. if this is the whole point of antifascism then surely allowing the fascist to have a platform as big as the world assembly security council should be seen as one of the worst things that can happen for an antifascist. The south pacific seemingly didn’t and don’t care about this however, as they have continued to defend their actions and have implied that should a similar situation happen in the future they would do the same thing again. While I’m not saying that the south pacific are fascist, they certainly aren’t as committed to antifascism as we should expect our allies to be, as such I recommend you all vote against an embassy with them.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2021, 07:09 PM by Wolfmancal.)

Messages In This Thread
Embassies with The South Pacific? - by Goncar - 07-03-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: Embassies with The South Pacific? - by Wolfmancal - 07-03-2021, 07:09 PM
RE: Embassies with The South Pacific? - by Jay - 07-03-2021, 08:21 PM