February 2021 Delegate Nominations

10 Replies, 13210 Views
Thread Closed 

[Image: Seal_of_the_Open_Parliament.png]

February 2021 Election
for
World Assembly Delegate

In accordance with Article 5, Section 2 of the Third Constitution of the Social Liberal Union and the Voting Reform and Fair Political Practices Act, an election for World Assembly Delegate is now triggered.

I, Anaaxes, will serve as Election Administrator and shall perform the duties of this role to the best of my ability.

The powers and duties of the World Assembly Delegate are primarily detailed in Articles 5 and 6 of the Constitution, but a more digestible outline may be found here.
The term shall last from 8 February 2021 to 31 May 2021 and may be renewed once consecutively.
Nominations shall last from 20:00 UTC on 26 January 2021 until 20:00 UTC on 2 February 2021, after which voting shall open as soon as possible.

Any Member State may, if eligible, nominate themselves for this office or, subject to their acceptance, another eligible Member State.

Eligibility for the office of World Assembly Delegate is defined as such:
The nominee must be a current Member State in accordance with the Constitution;
The nominee must have been a Member for at least three months prior to 8 February 2021 (that is, since before 16 November 2020);
The nominee must not have served two consecutive terms as Delegate immediately preceding this election.

Candidates:
1) Brys Questions +
2) Courelli +

A + denotes that the candidate has pledged to conduct their campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
THE REPUBLIC OF COURELLI
recall how often in human history the saint and the rebel have been the same person

12th, 15th, & 18th Delegate of the Social Liberal Union
Fleet Admiral of The Red Fleet
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2021, 07:20 AM by Anaaxes.)
I would like to officially nominate Brys Questions for the position of WA Delegate.
(01-26-2021, 08:08 PM)Goncar Wrote: I would like to officially nominate Brys Questions for the position of WA Delegate.

i humbly accept and i promise to respect the code and fair campaign practices
-19th World Assembly Delegate
-Former Speaker Pro Tempore Under Jyskmark
-20th Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs 
-27th Minister of Immigration
- Current Ambassador to The East Pacific and The North Pacific
I hereby nominate Ramelia for the office of World Assembly Delegate. Good luck to all current or potential candidates!
I accept Anaaxes’ gracious nomination and pledge to abide by the Code of Fair Campaign Practices. For full disclosure, I am a member of the Central Committee of the NSLeft.
ραμελικί κομμούνα | commune of ramelia
με τα χέρια μας όλη η μιγιάνα θα είναι ελεύθερη!

twenty-second world assembly delegate | eleventh and fifteenth speaker of the union | seventh chancellor
coauthor of the constitution
I nominate Hirematia for the position of World Assembly Delegate. Best of luck to all the candidates!
The Libertine Archdiarchy of Veszcota

[spoiler=Formerly:]The Holy Empire of Toonela
"Let justice be done, though the world perish"
World Assembly Delegate (2 terms)
Speaker pro Tempore
Deputy Minister of Domestic Affairs (2 terms)
Special Advisor to the Brysian Delegacy
Ambassador to Europeia
Ambassador to the South Pacific
Ambassador to South Pacific
Ambassador to Wintercrest
[/spoiler]
I gladly accept Toonela's nomination, and I pledge to abide by the Code of Fair Campaign Practices. I have no positions to disclose.
I am nominating myself for the position of World Assembly Delegate, and hereby pledge to conduct my campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

In the interests of transparency, I currently hold the following positions:
Administrator of NationStates Antifa
Discord and Forum Administrator of NSLeft
Custodian of The Internationale
THE REPUBLIC OF COURELLI
recall how often in human history the saint and the rebel have been the same person

12th, 15th, & 18th Delegate of the Social Liberal Union
I withdraw from this ridiculousness and endorse Brys Questions.
ραμελικί κομμούνα | commune of ramelia
με τα χέρια μας όλη η μιγιάνα θα είναι ελεύθερη!

twenty-second world assembly delegate | eleventh and fifteenth speaker of the union | seventh chancellor
coauthor of the constitution
Please take notice that Courelli resigned as Election Administrator upon becoming a candidate in this election. Therefore, I, as Speaker pro tempore, was appointed to serve as Election Administrator for this election from now on.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 07:45 AM by Anaaxes.)