March 2021 Ministerial Elections

12 Replies, 17459 Views

[Image: 240px-Seal_of_the_Open_Parliament.png]
March 2021 Election for Ministers of
Foreign Affairs, Domestic Affairs, and Immigration

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in accordance with the Constitution of the Social Liberal Union, an election for the offices of Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Domestic Affairs, and Minister of Immigration, which are required to occur after a World Assembly Delegate election, will be held for a period of one week within 48 hours after nominations close. Nominations open on Tuesday, 16 February 2021 at 02:30 UTC and close on Tuesday, 23 February 2021 at 02:30 UTC.

I, Anaaxes, in my capacity as Acting Speaker of the Union have appointed myself Election Administrator in accordance with the law, and will faithfully and impartially execute the duties of this role.

ABOUT THE OFFICES:

The powers and duties of the Ministers are primarily detailed in Article 6 of the Constitution, but a summary and outline of each office can be found below:

- Minister of Foreign Affairs 
- Minister of Domestic Affairs
- Minister of Immigration

The term for each office is not fixed and there are no term limits. However, their tenure may be shorted if an early World Assembly Delegate election occurs due to resignation or removal from office. In ministerial elections, the winner is elected Minister and the runner-up is elected Deputy Minister.

QUALIFICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS:

Any Member State may, if eligible, nominate themselves for an office, or, subject to their acceptance, another eligible Member State. Please specify which ministerial office each nomination is being made for.

1) The nominee must be a current Member State in accordance with the Constitution; and
2) The nominee may only run for one ministerial office at one time, unless in a contest wherein nominations were extended due to an insufficient number of candidates.

QUALIFIED NOMINEES AND CANDIDATES:

Foreign Affairs Nominees: Goncar
Domestic Affairs Nominees: North American Republics, Toonela, Ramelia
Immigration Nominees: Koiho, Jyskmark

Foreign Affairs Candidates: Prplia+, 
Domestic Affairs Candidates:
Immigration Candidates: Brys Questions+

'+' denotes that the candidate has pledged to conduct their campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 08:34 PM by Anaaxes.)
I would like to nominate myself and koiho for minister of immigration, nar and toonela for moda, i pledge to the accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
-19th World Assembly Delegate
-Former Speaker Pro Tempore Under Jyskmark
-20th Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs 
-27th Minister of Immigration
- Current Ambassador to The East Pacific and The North Pacific
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 02:52 AM by BrysQuestions.)
I would like nominate myself for DMoFA, Brys Questions for MoI, NAR and Toonela for MoDA, and Goncar for MoFA. I pledge, to the accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

- Current Secretary of World Assembly Affairs
The Mystic Elderlands of Prplia
Hej, I'm Ambyr

-Current DMoDA
-Former DMoFA
-Former SWAA
-Former Ambassador
-Writer for the Union Tribune
I would like to nominate Ramelia for MoDA, Jyskmark for MoI, and second the nomination of Koiho for MoI.
I would like to nominate myself for Minister of Foreign Affairs. I am deeply humbled by our democratic institutions and pledge, if elected, to seek wider Ministry inclusion of burgeoning states in the SLU and promote more engagement with our allies regions.
The Federal Republic of Aeoa | Աեոայի Դաշնային Հանրապետություն
Ambassador to the International Democratic Union
Registrar of the Court of Justice
Member of the Bar of the Court of Justice
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 10:02 PM by Aeoa.)
I gladly accept my nomination for MoFA. I pledge my campaign to be in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

I second NAR’s nomination for MoDA, I nominate Hirematia for MoI, and Harndon for any of the three he would like to choose.
I wish to respectfully decline my nomination for MoI
Demokratiske Republik Jyskmark
Vi Skal Fortsætte

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
Former Speaker of the Union
Former Minister of Immigration
Former Deputy Minister of Domestic Affairs
I would like to make a correction to my previous nomination(s) and add a nomination for, Harndon for DMoI
The Mystic Elderlands of Prplia
Hej, I'm Ambyr

-Current DMoDA
-Former DMoFA
-Former SWAA
-Former Ambassador
-Writer for the Union Tribune
Thank you, Brys and Prplia! I gladly accept your nominations for Minister of Domestic Affairs, and pledge to campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

I would also like to take this opportunity to second Hirematia's nomination for Minister of Immigration.
The Libertine Archdiarchy of Veszcota

[spoiler=Formerly:]The Holy Empire of Toonela
"Let justice be done, though the world perish"
World Assembly Delegate (2 terms)
Speaker pro Tempore
Deputy Minister of Domestic Affairs (2 terms)
Special Advisor to the Brysian Delegacy
Ambassador to Europeia
Ambassador to the South Pacific
Ambassador to South Pacific
Ambassador to Wintercrest
[/spoiler]
(02-17-2021, 05:25 PM)wateryfoothill Wrote: Thank you, Brys and Prplia! I gladly accept your nominations for Minister of Domestic Affairs, and pledge to campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.

I hope we see a strong and stable ministry for another term to come. I also gladly accept my nomination for Minister of Domestic Affairs. I, too, pledge to campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
Have a cookie on me!
[Image: cookie.png]
~~~~~
Formerly known as the North American Republics (NAR)