March 2021 Chancellor Election

6 Replies, 7703 Views

[Image: 240px-Seal_of_the_Open_Parliament.png]
March 2021 Election
for Chancellor

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in accordance with the Constitution of the Social Liberal Union, an election for the office of Chancellor will be held for a period of one week within 48 hours after nominations close. Nominations open on Friday, 5th of March 2021 at 15:20 UTC and close on Friday, 12th of March 2021 at 15:20 UTC.

I, Helvurium, in my capacity as Speaker of the Union have appointed myself Election Administrator in accordance with the law, and will faithfully and impartially execute the duties of this role.

ABOUT THE OFFICE:

The powers and duties of the Chancellor are primarily detailed in Articles 9 of the Constitution, but a summary and outline may be found here.

The term of office is five months, as specified in the certificate of election, which will be issued in due form once voting has concluded and the ballots are canvassed, tabulated, and certified according to law. The term for this office may only be renewed once consecutively.

QUALIFICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS:

Any Member State may, if eligible, nominate themselves for this office, or, subject to their acceptance, another eligible Member State.

1) The nominee must be a current Member State in accordance with the Constitution; and
2) The nominee must have been a Member for at least two months prior to 12th of March 2021 (the date on which voting for this office is expected to end); and
3) The nominee must not have served two consecutive terms as Chancellor immediately preceding this election.

QUALIFIED NOMINEES AND CANDIDATES:

Nominees:

Candidates: Ramelia+, An-Astral+

'+' denotes that the candidate has pledged to conduct their campaign in accordance with the Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2021, 05:25 PM by Helvurium.)
I nominate incumbent Ramelia for chancellor
I am honored by Hirematia’s nomination, and humbly accept. I subscribe to the Code of Fair Campaign Practices, and hold the positions of Lieutenant of The Red Fleet and Member of the Central Committee of the NSLeft.
ραμελικί κομμούνα | commune of ramelia
με τα χέρια μας όλη η μιγιάνα θα είναι ελεύθερη!

twenty-second world assembly delegate | eleventh and fifteenth speaker of the union | seventh chancellor
coauthor of the constitution
I would like to nominate Hirematia as chancellor
-19th World Assembly Delegate
-Former Speaker Pro Tempore Under Jyskmark
-20th Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs 
-27th Minister of Immigration
- Current Ambassador to The East Pacific and The North Pacific
I decline my nomination
I nominate An-Astral to run for Chancellor.
I accept my nomination and promise to abide by the code of fair campaign practices.